Senior Buyer - Required for our client who are a Civil Engineering contractor based in Harrow. The Senior Buyer will be joining a busy team with a really positive and enjoyable office really good working environment.
The Senior Buyer will have knowledge of procurement or experience within a similar role within the Civil Engineering sector. The buyer will have either merchant background or concrete supplier or a manufacturer perhaps aligned to the civils sector.
Senior Buyer Position Overview
- Assist in the day to day operations of the Central Procurement department
- Receiving requisitions from the sites
- Breaking requisitions down into materials for a particular supplier and doing the ground work to ensure we get the best value for money
- Support the estimating Department from time to time by using their historical knowledge and going to the market for Tender rates on a bill of quants issued by Estimating
- Provision of goods and services within budget on each project and manage invoices
- Maintain a good relationship with client and other departments
- Monitor and record supplier performance
- Raise and manage orders
- Communicating between site supervisors and suppliers to ensure delivery of goods in a timely manner and within budget on each project
- Appraise suppliers, select suppliers from the approved suppliers list, issue enquiries and orders and liaise closely with various key stakeholders
Senior Buyer Position Requirements
- Practical and reliable
- Have day to day computer skills and a good telephone manner
- Ability to work as part of a team and the need to be a team player.
- Good commercial awareness and be organised by nature
- Understanding and up-to-date knowledge of material and plant hire markets, products and suppliers
- Previous experience in a construction purchasing environment or a merchant background
- Previous experience using SAP
Senior Buyer Position Remuneration
- Salary £40K-£50K DOE
- Holiday + BH
- Career progression
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.